1. Although he joined the firm only last year, he is ______ me already.
A. superior to B. superb than C. better than D. senior to
2. With Nuoxin Bank, you will not be charged any additional fees for online banking ______.
A. deficits B. transactions C. expenses D. providers
3. The results of the study ______ the hypothesis that had been proposed by researchers at the National Medical Institute.
A. confirmed B. submitted
C. certified D. depended
4. Our marketing strategy will be _______ influenced by the feedback we receive from the customer satisfaction survey.
A. legibly B. blankly C. loudly D. strongly
5. Workers are ______ against entering the laboratory without protective clothing and masks.
A. cautious B. caution
C. cautiously D. cautioned
6. Comco, Inc., became the leading supplier of computer ______ last year, less than ten years after it was founded.
A. amounts B. types C. kinds D. parts
7. ______ the search committee offers Doctor Rao the position of Professor of Sociology will depend on a vote of its members.
A. Whether B. After C. Although D. Until
8. Some of employees are ______ the quality problem.
A. indifferent to B. difficult to
C. different from D. difference to
9. In the west of China, people plant rows of trees to prevent the wind ______ the earth away.
A. blew B. blows C. to blow D. blowing
10. The company handbook ______ the topics of compensation, bonuses, and overtime.
A. has been covered B. covering
C. is covered D. covers
11. Mr. Fullham’s investments in small start-up companies have doubled ______ value in just over five years.
A. they B. their
C. them D. themselves
12. A 20 percent increase in revenue makes this the ______ year yet for the Sorvine hotel group.
A. more profitable B. most profitable
C. profiting D. profitably
13. It is imperative that computer passwords ______ kept confidential.
A. were B. be C. being D. had been
14. The European Commerce Authority is seeking ______ imports of foreign-made textiles and garments.
A. limits B. limiting
C. to limit D. limitation
15. My parents don’t mind what job I do ______ I am happy.
A. even though B. as soon as
C. as long as D. as though
16. Speaking ______ behalf of the vice president, Alan Lee thanked the employees for their contributions to the fund-raising project.
A. at B. on C. by D. for
17. Several ______ have been made to the layout of Banham Library’s Web site.
A. revisions B. processes C. considerations D. concepts
18. The man ______ me is president of the ABC Company.
A. at front B. in front
C. in front of D. in the front of
19. Studio Ceramics Monthly does not accept manuscripts ______ have previously appeared in print.
A. they B. that C. whose D. what
20. The cost of repairing the water damage to the museum after the storm ______ to be more than one million dollars.
A. expects B. is expecting
C. expected D. is expected
21. It is acknowledged that it is the small habit in life ______ determine what kind of life we will lead.
A. which B. that C. where D. what
22. The correspondence secretary ______ the word processor will store the report in the computer for later recall.
A. using B. uses C. use D. used
23. Jane Turngate was elected chairperson of the board of directors at Stellmann Corporation by a ______ margin.
A. narrowness B. narrowly C. narrows D. narrow
24. Ferrelli Steel has ______ in talks with Montag Fabrics to purchase part of its manufacturing business.
A. involved B. engaged
C. demonstrated D. maintained
25. The afternoon flight from Tokyo has been canceled ______ a mechanical problem.
A. as much as B. due to C. because D. in case
26. The guest speaker highlighted some ideas for ______ introducing change in the workplace.
A. success B. succeed
C. succeeding D. successfully
27. It seems that living green is ______ easy and affordable. A small step makes a big difference.
A. exactly B. fortunately C. surprisingly D. hardly
28. ______ budget constraints, all full-time employees will receive a 3 percent salary increase.
A. Despite B. When C. Even if D. Besides
29. Today Tenopy Tech announced its plans ______ with Shaffly Energy Systems to manufacture solar panels in Quito and Caracas.
A. will partner B. is partnered
C. be partnering D. to partner
30. Ms. Suarez ______ as Chair of the Board in December 2009, and took up the position in March of the following year.
A. was nominated B. was nominating
C. had nominated D. will be nominated